My experience with ZTD : Week #1 results
This is the feedback after 1 week.
For this first week, I’ve decided to implement 1 new habit : 3 MITs.
The habit is simple : at the beginning of the week, and then every morning, I’ll list the 3 MITs (Most Important Topics) that I want to achieve during the day (or the week).
Here are the sresults :
- 3 MITs for the week : Did I defined 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 2/3
- Day 1 (January 16th) : Did I defined 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 3/3
- Day 2 (January 17th) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 1/3
- Day 3 (January 18th) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES (4), How many did I achieve : 2/4
- Day 4 (January 19th) :Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 1/3
- Day 5 (January20th) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 2/4
- Total : I’ve defined the MITs everyday, I’ve achieved 11/21.
What are my conclusions ?
- 11/21 is a poor result. I’ve clearly over committed to myself during that week. There’s 1 specific MIT that I’ve pushed from day 1 to day 5 (finally I did it in day5) that made me loose 4 points.
- Defining the 3 MITs at the beginning of the week and every morning really helped me to focus on the good topics and to realize when I missed them.
- During this first week, I’ve also drastically simplified the way I use my todo system (nirvanahq). I’ve removed all project, and used 1 simple list. I’ve also simplified the actions (remove duplicate actions, remove actions I’ll never do…). As a result, I feel really more comfortable with this system.
For the new coming week, my objective is to continue the implementation of this new habit, with a better result !
ps : why did I put a bonsai here ? Because I like bonsai’s !