My experience with ZTD / Week 3 results (3 MITs per day) : 6% success (94% failure…)
As a reminder, the first habit I’ve decided to implement is to define every morning the 3 Most Important Topics (MITs) I want / need / commit to achieve during the day.
Here’re the results of week #3 :
- 3 MITs for the week : Did I defined 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 0/3
- Day 1 (January 30th) : Did I defined 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve :0/3
- Day 2 (January 31st) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 1/3
- Day 3 (February 1st) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : NO
- Day 4 (February 2nd) :Did I define 3 MITs ? : NO
- Day 5 (February 3rd) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : NO
- Total : I’ve defined the MITs 2 times instead of 5, I’ve achieved 1/18.
What are my conclusions ?
- 1/18 is a very poor result.
- In fact during this week I did not use ZTD. I did not take time to define 3 MITs everyday.
- By the way, I did achieve a lot of things during this week but without planning them.
- As a consequence, my achievements are not the most important ones, so it’s not a so good result.
- I need to improve my routine when I’m travelling to make sure I define the 3 MITs before starting my day
For the new coming week, my objective is to continue the implementation of this new habit, with a better result (which will not be so difficult) !