The power of less is a book by Leo Babauta. This book is full of good stuff.
Chapter 1 is about “Why Less is powerfull”.
Chapter main idea :
Less is Powerful because if you do less, you have to focus on the essential
At work, or at home, you have many things to deal with.
If you focus on the essential, you’ll put the best chances to achieve it, instead of loosing yourself.
You can apply this to :
- your action list : start with the one that are really essential
- your projects : focus on the 3 more important
- the internet websites you read
- your goals : identify the things you really want to achieve
- your emails : just check email twice a day, do not try to read all of them
- and so on …
Here’s a quote from the book :
Principle 1: By setting limitations, we must choose the essential. So in everything you do, learn to set limitations.
Principle 2: By choosing the essential, we create great impact with minimal resources. Always choose the essential to maximize your time and energyLeo Babauta
If you want to read the full story, you can buy the paper or kindle version of the book here : Power of Less, The: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential