This is the feedback after 2 weeks.
As a reminder, the first habit I’ve decided to implement is to define every morning the 3 Most Important Topics (MITs) I want / need / commit to achieve during the day.
During week #1, the success rate has been 52 % (11/21)
Here’re the results of week #2 :
- 3 MITs for the week : Did I defined 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 1/3
- Day 1 (January 23th) : Did I defined 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve :3/3
- Day 2 (January 24th) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 2/3
- Day 3 (January 25th) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES (4), How many did I achieve : 2/4
- Day 4 (January 26th) :Did I define 3 MITs ? : YES, How many did I achieve : 1/3
- Day 5 (January27th) : Did I define 3 MITs ? : NO , How many did I achieve : 0/3
- Total : I’ve defined the MITs 4 times instead of 5, I’ve achieved 9/19.
What are my conclusions ?
- 9/19 is a poor result. It’s even worse than last week (11/21). I’ve clearly over committed to myself during that week. Like last week there’s 1 specific MIT that I’ve pushed from day 1 to day 5 that made me loose 5 points.
- I did not defined the MITs on friday as my work day started at 6am.
- Even if the numbers are quite bad, I’m happy with this week. It was a VERY busy week, and defining 3 MITs everyday really helped me to keep control. I’m still happy with my new way to use todo system nirvanahq (I’ve removed all project, and used 1 simple list)
For the new coming week, my objective is to continue the implementation of this new habit, with a better result !